Terms and Conditions of the Dignity Cash Prize Draw to win £10,000
1. In these Terms and Conditions, the term “Plan Owner” means the person in control of the Funeral Plan either;
a. By purchasing a funeral plan for yourself, or
b. By purchasing a funeral plan on behalf of someone else and being named as the sole point of contact regarding the plan
Unless you, as the Plan Owner, specify your wish to opt out (see paragraph 5 below) and subject to eligibility (see paragraph 3 below for eligibility), you will be automatically entered into the “Dignity Cash Prize Draw” (the “Draw”) when you purchase a “Qualifying Plan”.
In these Terms and Conditions, the term Qualifying Plan, constitutes as the purchase of either; an Age Co Prepaid Funeral Plan or, a Dignity Prepaid Funeral Plan from Dignity or any of their participating Funeral Plan Partners, between 17th September 2018 and 20th December 2018.
2. The Draw is free to enter with the purchase of a Qualifying Plan and there is one prize of £10,000 (ten thousand pounds sterling) (the “Prize”), available to be won by an eligible Plan Owner (see paragraph 3 below for eligibility).
a. Where a Qualifying Plan is purchased, the Plan Owner shall be entered into the Draw;
b. The Plan Owner of a Qualifying Plan must be resident in England, Scotland and Wales.
c. For the avoidance of doubt, residents of Northern Ireland are not eligible to enter the Draw.
d. Your application for one of the Qualifying Plans must be received and accepted by 20th December 2018.
4. Entry to the Draw will not affect any of the terms or conditions of the Qualifying Plan.
By entering the Draw you, as the Plan Owner, are deemed to have accepted and agreed to these terms and conditions.
5. If you do not wish to enter the Draw, please inform the Promoter. You can call Dignity on 0800 389 9277, email email@example.com or write to Dignity Funeral Plans, Prize Draw Winner, 4 King Edwards Court, King Edwards Square, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B73 6AP.
6. Employees of any companies within the Dignity plc Group of companies or their associates, affiliated or subsidiary companies, Partners and their families, agents, appointed representatives or anyone connected with or involved in the administration of the Draw are not eligible to enter the Draw.
7. If you as the Plan Owner, or your Personal Representatives after your death, cancel your Qualifying Plan, you will automatically be removed from the Draw. If you take a new Qualifying Plan at a later date, and meet all of the requirements in paragraphs 1-3, you will be automatically re-entered into the Draw.
8. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be void or refused. The Promoter does not accept any liability for any communications lost, damaged or delayed in transit.
9. Entry to the draw is limited to one per person, regardless of how many Qualifying Plans they purchase.
10. The winner will be selected at random from all eligible Qualifying Plan Owners on Monday 8th April 2019 (the “Draw Date”).
11. The winner will be notified by phone (the “Notification Call”) within 7 days of the Draw Date and for the purpose of validating their entry, they will be required to confirm further details to the Promoter before the Prize can be released. Where the Promoter cannot make contact with the winner via phone, the Promoter will notify the winner by post with a letter (the “Notification Letter”).
12. Payment of the Prize will be made by cheque within 21 days of the Promoter successfully contacting the Winner.
13. Subject to paragraph 20, the Prize is not transferable and no alternative is available.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to vary the delivery method of the Prize if circumstances beyond its control make it necessary to do so.
15. If the winner does not respond to the Promoter within 30 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw this offer or amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice, where it is necessary and reasonable to do so.
17. Details of the name and county of the winner can be obtained by writing to the Promoter at Dignity Funeral Plans, Prize Draw Winner, 4 King Edwards Court, King Edwards Square, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B73 6AP, after Monday 6th May 2019.
18. The Promoter’s decision shall be final and legally binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. By entering the Draw, you agree that the Promoter will not be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever suffered or sustained in connection with this Draw (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, income or goodwill), and the use of any Prize or any act or omission (whether negligent or not) of the Promoter or its affiliates, save for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
20. Should an eligible Plan Owner die before the Draw Date, then the eligible Plan Owner shall nevertheless continue to be eligible for the Draw and be capable of winning the Prize. If a deceased eligible Plan Owner is drawn as the winner of the Prize, or if a winner dies before receiving the Prize, the Prize shall be paid to the deceased winner’s estate or relevant personal representative on behalf of the deceased winner’s estate.
21. If any of these paragraphs should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining paragraphs shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
22. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions, whether of a contractual or non-contractual nature, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
The Promoter of this free prize draw is Dignity Pre Arrangement Ltd, 4 King Edwards Court, King Edwards Square, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands B73 6AP (the “Promoter”).