Mortgages for over 55's
Over 55 and looking to borrow money either into or in your retirement?
Do you have an interest only mortgage and are searching for your next solution?
Many customers are facing barriers as they get older when it comes to their mortgage. Often, when people are approaching retirement age they’re looking to raise additional finance to meet their plans into and during retirement or, looking to downsize or use their savings to pay off their mortgage. Our new mortgage range may give you more options…Request a callback
Some of the reasons you may be looking for a mortgage in later life
There’s lots of reasons our customers choose our 55+ mortgage range but everyone is different. That’s why our expert mortgage team are available to discuss your circumstances in more detail and advise you whether our range is right for you- we’ll let you know if it’s not too!
If you’re not sure, here’s some of our most frequent reasons for borrowing:
• You’re approaching mortgage maturity with an existing lender who won’t extend the term due to your age.
• You are parents releasing equity from your property to help children onto the housing ladder or with university fees.
• Looking for a mortgage to support your future to downsize and pay off your mortgage.
• To continue with or remortgage your existing interest only mortgage.
• To make home improvements.
• To stay in your family home.
Are you eligible for a mortgage in or into retirement ?
We understand that everyone is different when it comes to looking for a mortgage which is why we offer our customers free mortgage advice to ensure that you’re getting the right mortgage for your needs. For our 55+ range, we have a quick guide on eligibility but if you’re not sure, just call;
- The oldest applicant should be over the age of 55
- The minimum value of your property must be £150,000
- Interest only and mortgage lending up to a maximum of 60% of your property value
- Minimum income per application is £17,500 (this can be taken from your pension or earned income).
- You must be a resident of England or Wales
Don’t just take our word for it….
We’ve helped hundreds of customers with their mortgage over the age of 55 and look forward to helping hundreds more. Here’s what our recent customer, Mrs Carter, has to say about her experience:
“I was struggling to find a mortgage for my circumstances until I found the Marsden who helped me stay in my home. Throughout the process, the team were clear, informative and reassuring; I would certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a mortgage over the age of 55”
Get in touch...
Get in touch and speak to a member of our team, we’re always happy to help
Our specialist lending team are available to speak to you about any questions you may have or to find out more information on our 55+ mortgage products. Call us now on
or leave your contact details and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.