|Vacancy Type:||Full/Part Time|
|Location:||Principal Office, Nelson|
|Job Role:||Savings Assistant|
|Hours:||up to 35 hours|
|Closing Date:||27th October 2018|
We have a full/part time vacancy Monday to Friday with some Saturdays on a rota within our Member Services Savings Department.
Why the Marsden?
Our customers tell us that we are friendly, trusted and reliable. We pride ourselves on highly personal service, contactable staff and the ability to make a difference to all our members.
Being part of a valued team you will share this special customer journey with them.
As savings hub administration assistant you will contribute to the running of the Society’s savings administration function. In addition you will help to deliver the Marsden personal service, you won’t just be dealing with transactions and answering queries to their satisfaction, but finding out how else we can help and if there is anything else we can do. If you have great conversational skills and a background in retail then you will be well suited for this role as you will be speaking to our members on a daily basis to help them with their savings needs.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for new members to join our team who can excel in a customer services role and has a passion for developing their knowledge and skills to provide the very best support for our members. We aim to build a team for the future, we want you if you have drive, ambition and enthusiasm to become an expert in all aspects of savings administration
You’ll be joining at an exciting time as the society grows its online savings capability with the growth in online customer services.
An analytical approach and a keen eye for detail is needed as you will be helping to ensure the Society’s information assets are accurate and in line with compliance, rules and regulations. The purpose is to protect the Society and its members from poor data quality, ensuring that the fair treatment of our members is central to the Society’s approach.
On a daily basis you may be required to:
• Support our retail branch teams
• Support the new online savings platform for members
• Speak to internal and external stakeholders in relation to various aspect of savings administration
• Help customers who have recently suffered a bereavement deal with the savings needs by understanding and explaining our requirements in a well-informed, clear, concise and sensitive manner
• Carry out interest calculations and other investment transactions
• Balance and reconcile electronic payments both in and out of the Society
• Carry out integrity checks against Society data to the highest standards of accuracy
What the team say “The job can be challenging but extremely rewarding as we are helping our members on a daily basis, sometimes through what can be a difficult time for them”.
What are you waiting for?
If you enjoy giving great customer service then when not come and join our team. We offer great training and development opportunities for anyone wanting to begin their career in financial services.
We can offer great benefits:
- Starting salary of £15,372 rising to £18,696 with service
- Additional remuneration linked to organisational performance
- Hours available on a Saturday at Saturday rate
- 23 days holiday which increase on length of service plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Simply health level 1 cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Marsden rewards scheme offering discounts from retailers and restaurants
What you need to do
The position is based in our Principal Office in Nelson, Lancashire. To apply please submit your CV with a covering letter stating why you are suitable for the role. If you would like to request flexible / part time hours please indicate your preferred work pattern so this can be considered.
If you are using a job site that doesn’t allow covering letters then please email it with the job reference number to HR@themarsden.co.uk
Please note that CVs without a covering letter will not be considered.
This post will close on 27 October 2018 or sooner if we receive sufficient applications.
As we receive a number of applications it is not possible to contact everybody so if you do not hear from the Society within 2 weeks of the closing date then your application has likely been unsuccessful.
The application deadline for this role has already passed.
Join the Team
Find out more about why you should join the Marsden team