Looking for a new deal, or want to move your mortgage to the Marsden?
When you change your mortgage lender or product without changing your home it’s classed as remortgaging. Remortgaging with the Marsden is straightforward and if you’re looking for a new deal our team of mortgage advisers are on hand to help.
What are the main reasons for remortgaging?
- Your mortgage deal is ending soon
- You are in the middle of a mortgage deal but have found a more suitable option
- You want to make higher overpayments on your mortgage than your current lender allows
- You want to switch to a lower rate if the value of your home has increased
- You want to secure a fixed rate deal in case interest rates go up
- You are looking to borrow more money against your home to make improvements to it
Things to think about before remortgaging:
- Most mortgages have Early Repayment Charges (ERCs), so check your documents to make sure that you can afford the costs and it is worth it in the long run.
- If your circumstances have changed since you took out your current deal, check with the lender you are looking to move to, to make sure your circumstances are acceptable to them.
- Check your credit file to make sure your credit score hasn’t changed since you took out your current mortgage as this could affect your application.
How the Marsden can help:
We’ve been helping our members to own their own homes since 1860, so we understand the things that are important when looking for a mortgage provider.
Free mortgage advice
Our team of mortgage advisers are fully qualified to help you review your needs and circumstances, providing you with free of charge advice on the options available to you.
You won’t pay anything unless you choose to proceed
Our mortgage advice is free, which means you’ll only pay a fee if you choose to proceed with your mortgage. Some of our products are fee free, but for those that do have fees – the fees can be added on to your mortgage balance, as long as the balance doesn’t exceed our maximum loan to value.
Fee assisted standard legals & free valuation
To remortgage you will need a valuation which we will cover up to £500,000 as part of your product. We also offer fee assisted legals.
Ongoing support as a Marsden borrower
We’ll contact you as you approach your product maturity to offer you options. Our team of advisers are based at our Principal Office in Lancashire and are available over the phone to discuss any questions you have about your product throughout its duration, or if your circumstances change.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE