Your online security
We take security seriously whether online or offline, if you notice any unusual account activity contact us immediately on 01282 440500.
Keeping you, your accounts and your personal information safe is our number one priority, but we need your help to keep you protected.
- When you’re opening accounts online make sure you use an email address, mobile number and login information that is unique to you.
- Always make sure you fully complete the logout process when you’ve finished managing your accounts
- Avoid using a public computer when logging into your accounts and make sure you’re not overlooked
- If you believe there is any chance that somebody else knows your password you should change it immediately
For helpful tips on staying safe online:
- Visit Get Safe Online for more information about ways to stay safe online
- The Money Advice Service also has more information on how to stay safe online and to protect yourself from scams;
- Staying Safe Against Scams
- Or visit our Online Frequently Asked Questions for more help.
It’s difficult to know how to protect your devices – especially against something you can’t see or predict.
There is software available that could help protect your devices against viruses or spyware.
We’d recommend that you protect your device against both and make sure you keep the software up to date.
Finally, be aware! Criminals will try and trick you into letting them connect to your device or into telling them your passwords and bank details.
We will never ask for your full password.
We will never ask you to confirm your full bank details.
Even if it sounds legitimate never give anyone access to your device, your passwords or bank details.
How we're keeping you safe
Only you have access to your account
We don’t have access to your Marsden Online account. It is your responsibility to keep your details in a safe place to ensure you can access your account.
Your account is protected by a username, password and memorable information. It is your responsibility to ensure that no one else knows your password or memorable information. Our team don’t have access to this information.
When you visit our websites you’ll see that the address is https:// – the ‘s’ is really important, it means you’re in a secure, encrypted location – you’ll also see the little padlock symbol too.
You will also be logged out automatically if we don’t see you doing anything for over 10 minutes. Simply log back in if you want to access Marsden Online again.
From time to time we may need to get in touch with you to update you on changes to Marsden Online. We will do this either by post, email or secure message when you log on.
Please remember that Marsden Building Society will never request or send account information by E-mail. You will however receive E-mails from us to notify you that there is a message waiting in your secure message box, which you can only see by logging in using your security details.
Please be aware, we’ll never send you an email with a link that directs you straight to any kind of login page – unless you’ve requested this.
If you’ve received an email and you’re unsure if it’s genuine you can forward it on to us at firstname.lastname@example.org